HomeRosesOrganic GardeningFlowersLandscapingVegetables

 Yellow Rose



 Organic Gardening





 Non-Toxic Sprays




Roses and Gardens


Non-toxic sprays for fungal diseases
in plants and roses

How to cure fungal diseases in roses without using poisons

Non-toxic sprays for fungal diseases


Mildew in Roses and other plants

Mildew is a fungal disease that looks as if the leaves have been coated with powder. It usually thrives in damp, shady places.

Milk Spray

Powdery mildew can often be cured by making an organic spray consisting of 1 cup of fat free milk and 4 cups of water.  Spray this onto the affected leaves on a sunny day.  Apparently the sun interacts with this organic spray to make it more effective.

Garlic spray

Garlic has certain antifungal and antibiotic properties.

To make an effective garlic spray, use the food processor to liquidise about 10 garlic cloves with about a litre of water.  Strain the liquid and let it stand for a day or two so that the water absorbs the garlic. Spray the affected leaves with the mixture.

Non-toxic sprays and repellents for Insects




Pink Rose